American curriculum which is based on US national standards and is complimented by English as a Second Language (ESL) program.
- From Grades 1 through 6, Scott Foresman-Addison Wesley Mathematics (Diamond Edition).
- From Grades 7 through 9, HOLT McDOUGAL Algebra 1 & Geometry.
The Curriculum:For gr 1 through 2
Students will learn different mathematical concepts like:
- Recognizing the symbols: <, >, and =.
- Putting three numbers in order from least in value to greatest in value.
- Addition facts and fact families .
- Tilling time .
For Grades 3 through 4
Students will continue to learn mathematical concepts like :
- Tilling time.
- Graphs on bigger scope.
- Evaluating expression.
- Recognizing place value for ones, tens, hundreds, and thousands.
For Grades 5 through 6
- Recognizing place value up through trillions.
- Recognizing any number words for numbers less than one million.
- Multiplication of a three-digit number by a three-digit number.
- Division with a one-digit divisor, four-digit dividend and a three-digit quotient with regrouping and remainders, using division facts with dividends up to 81.
- Division with a two-digit divisor, a two-digit quotient and a three-digit.
- Recognizing, equilateral, isosceles and scalene triangles.
- Multiplication of fractions.
- Addition and subtraction of decimal numbers.
- Addition and subtraction of mixed numbers with unlike denominators.
- Solving story problems using averages and reasoning.
For Grades 7 through 9
students will explore many concepts in Algebra 1 & Geometry
Different strategies used in teaching:
- Whole group instructions.
- Independent activities.
- Cooperative learning.
Assessments and evaluation:
- From Grades 1 - 6, Pop quizzes, mid-quarter quiz, quarter exam.
- From Grades 7- 9, Pop quizzes, formative assessment, mid-quarter quiz, quarter exam.